21 February 2009

Landscape in felt-tip pens

I had great fun doing this! Somehow, using felt-tip pens doesnt feel like something an adult should do, let alone use them as a serious medium, but my course work calls for work a landscape in felt-tips so this was my first attempt today at Ferry Meadows.Align Centre
A glorious day made the time fly by. I had a picnic table all to myself, my face has even gone a bit red from the sun, and lots of curious and well intentioned people offering general chit chat and advice!
What more could I ask for!

4 comments:

Lyn said...

I like it it has an impressionist feel about it, I think it's a shame felt tip pens are not used by adults for 'serious' work they have a nice quality.
Keep doing them1
Love
Lyn
xxx

Doolallysally said...

Sounds like a lovely way to spend the day and I agree with Lyn, it is lovely. Love Sal x

a-again said...

Thank you very much. I love the impressionist pieces so I perhaps their influence is rubbing off. Its really taken me by surprise how effective felt-tips can be and I learnt so much on this trip. Cant wait for the next one. xx

Joan Y said...

This drawing makes me want to bust out my felt tip pens! The vibrancy of colors are so unique to pens. Hmmm, I'll have to try it and would love it if it was as gorgeous as this drawing!