17 September 2008

A visit to Great Dixter

Last weekend I visited the gardens at Great Dixter with my sister and niece. We were extremely fortunate to have the sun beaming its rays all afternoon and it made for a truly relaxing time of meandering, checking out the the garden, the amazing planting which were full of stunning colours, along with some wonderful architectural planting and excellently kept paths and topiary.
The bees, butterflies and other wildlife were out in force and like us they were making the most of the wonderful sunshine.



The variety of planting was just great and although I am certainly no expert, it definitely seemed more adventurous than some gardens I've looked around. There seemed to be much more structure in the selection of plants used and I was pleased to see some very architectural planting amongst some old favourites.
An extremely pleasurable day and I must mention how nice it was to enjoy the day with both my sister and 6 1/2 yr old niece! Thank you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

..nice place, I must go there sometime!! xx love Sal