21 May 2009

New materials and my first abstract

Its ages since I last posted and so much has been going on! I know I should have posted long before now but a trip South to see my sister has taken much of that time up. I had a fantastic time, a day out to Merriments Gardens, a fabulous birthday meal and of course a trip to the art shop in Tunbridge Wells to spend my birthday money! I couldnt have asked for a better time!

And now its back home and time to concentrate on some drawing.
Its ages since I did something I really like and enjoy doing and this is it.
Done on red cartridge paper with pastel and black ink. Obviously its a long way from finished but I am just loving the colours ......my new pastels are great! Unfortunately my camera hasnt taken the best picture, the colours in reality are much, much sharper and brighter, but I'll try to get a better image when I take the next shots. Initial thoughts would be welcome!

I also promise the next time I post I will make sure I have more time and can do justice to my recent trip, new purchases and some sample paper which Derek Jones very kindly posted to me.

No comments: