24 March 2009

At last I've moved on from the markers and felt-tips and am now trying my hand at coloured pencils. So far I'm unsure how I feel about this new media but my initial drawings have given me hope that I can eventually get to grips with the coloured pencils. I am struggling to some degree to get the depth and clarity of colour that I've grown used to achieving with ink or markers, but plenty of time yet to experiment!

My course work was quite explicit for this project about what I should be aiming to achieve and although I dont particularly like the smaller vase of flowers, I do think I've achieved what I set out to do and the one on pink paper is much more 'me' in style!

2 comments:

Lyn said...

I never did get the hang of coloured pencils, I can't seem to blend them, I do use them on my sketch book sometimes to add a bit of instant colour.
Do you keep a sketch book?
love
Lyn
xxx

a-again said...

Hi Lynn, yes I keep a sketch book with me all the time but am not very disciplined about using it as often as I should! Perhaps I'll put some coloured pencils in my bag and try them next time I go out.
xx