27 March 2009

Me!

I thought today I would have a go at drawing me! And this is how it came out...

So does it look like me? At this point in time I truthfully can't answer that. I've discovered that whenever I draw something I need to then put it away for at least 2 or 3 weeks and then take another serious look at it and its then that all the glaring mistakes come jumping out! But until then, all I see is the shapes and tones and not a full or complete picture of what it really looks like.

So come on, for those that know me, help me out. Whats wrong....or even maybe whats right with this pic?!

3 comments:

Joan Y said...

I am totally the same way when it come to seeing "mistakes" but I try to remind myself that it is part of the process of learning to draw what we see. This picture, however looks just like you! I love your soulful eyes and the shape of your face is so wonderfully done! I wish I had our natural talent to draw people (plants are a lot more forgiving). What medium did you use?

a-again said...

Hi Joan
Thank you for your lovely comments! Its done in pastel, my favourite medium. Its a bit overworked, I had to move my eyes down several times! but looking at it this morning I think the overall shading is too dark. And apparently I look very stern!

Doolallysally said...

Hi Ange, wow, it's good! My only comment would be that I also think it's a bit on the stern side (!) and maybe the dark shading on the nearside of the face is a bit dark, as the first time I looked at it I thought you'd come down the chimney!!!! sorry darling, but as your sis I hope I can be honest and if that's all I can find to fault then hey' y'know it's good! Seriously though, it's a really amazing drawing...what can I say, apart from to marvel at your talent! I just hope your head fits through the doorway! Have a good weekend. Love Salx