04 April 2009

A working figure in coloured pencils

This is my last OCA project in coloured pencils before I move onto the last stage and start working in mixed media. I dont think I'll be very sorry to say goodbye to the pencils, I've found them limited (and mine constantly keep breaking!) and the overall effect is somewhat subdued in comparison to ink, markers or pastels. I'm sure there are those who would disagree with me and indeed those who can make the pencils work so much more effectively than I've been able to, however having said that I have enjoyed working on this assignment.

I've been having problems keeping up with my sketchbook work. This last project has shown me that I'm just lacking in 'book' discipline and in fact most of my sketching is done without thought, on loose sheets of paper. And of course it really makes absolutely no difference whether its in a bound book or on bits of paper. A bit disorganised perhaps, but the end result is the same. So I'm going to stop worrying about drawing specifically in my sketchbook and concentrate on just getting the sketches done, in or on whatever I want!

1 comment:

Lyn said...

I have over the years bought lots of coloured pencils and have quite a good selection but I too find them hard work. I have never really used them for anything except colouring in ideas in my craft book.
Look forward to what you are going to do with mixed media!
Love
Lyn
xxx