28 April 2009

Back to some art at last!

It seems like an age since I last blogged some of my art work (at least anything that I am pleased with anyway!)

So here is my latest....something I've been working on for the last few days. I think its finished, although the next few days will show up anything I've missed whilst I've been working on it or anything I want to change.

This is done for an OCA assignment 'Figures in an Interior' in mixed media and I've used pastel and dip pen & ink on grey paper.

This is a totally different style for me and on the whole I really like the end result. My initial intention was to draw this in a much loser style than my normal and although I've achieved it to some degree, its not as much as I initially wanted.

I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on this, the style, composition and any other ideas you get when you look at it.

1 comment:

Joan Y said...

This painting exudes calmness and serenity ... to which the pastel colors contribute. I love the composition ... the curving arches seem to point to the next one and then down toward the bleachers and the activity below. My eyes really enjoyed moving about the scene. Nicely done!